Friday, April 03, 2009

woe (way)

just a quick blog to let you know that tomorrow i'm traveling with my society, culture and modernization class to our professor's hometown of woe (pronounced way). google magic tells me it's a few hours east of accra. google woe, ghana for more info and a very tiny wikipedia article on the town. we're staying in a hotel, though i think we are having dinner at our professor's house. should be an interesting experience, and will be a fun little overnight getaway from accra and all that it entails.

thanks for all the prayers, everyone. i find myself in better spirits today. got to talk to my mom today, who is an angel. and a saint. and a friend. and pretty much the best person in the world. this made me feel better.

i also got a letter from amanda (!!!). mmm how letters from dear friends brighten my day.

i am blessed beyond belief and need to constantly remind myself of this when i start getting in my complaining moods. thanks for your prayers, all. sending prayers your way over the atlantic.

love love love

2 comments:

Momma said...

My Angel - Have a restorative and enlightening time in Woe (Way)! I love that it is spelled one way and pronounced another - a simple word with such a powerful little punch. I look forward to hearing about your experience with your professor's hometown - a bit of personalizing in this impersonal of worlds. I still remember having dinner at my professors' homes - these moments in time will be seared in your memory and will so meaningful to you for the rest of your life. And to think that you are having this wonderful experience in his native home thousands of miles away from here. Enjoy and delight in every moment. I am so glad you are getting away and having a change of scenery, routine and acitivity. You so need this time - you so have earned respite and happy diversion. You read that poem each day and know that it is from the heart - my blue eyed Angel. Please stay safe and secure and know that I love you so, so much. Your Momma

Isha said...

Hi Ej,

Glad you are feeling a bit better today. All those prayers people are sending up on yours and G's behalf are making a difference I am sure. You are so dearly loved Sweetpea. Let that love wrap around you all warm and comfy-cozy like your favorite quilt. Have a wonderful trip to Woe and enjoy the time spent with your professor, his family, and your classmates. What a wonderful way to get to experience another slice of Ghanian culture. I love you darling Elizabeth. Ish