Wednesday, February 04, 2009

25 things

Hello family and friends! So many of you who are in the Facebook world know of what the following 25 things are. There's a chain letter type of thing going around on Facebook, where people post 25 random things about themselves. Basically, you just write whatever comes to mind about yourself--things everyone may know or things people would be surprised to know. Lots of people are doing it (peer pressure, people!) and it's actually really cool. I've learned a lot about my friends and found things in common with them that I didn't even know about. ANYWAY, my point is, I'm reposting the list I made for Facebook on my blog, for you all to see. ADDITIONALLY, I'm asking YOU, yes YOU, to post a list of 25 random facts about you. That means you Nana, Isha, Mom, Sarah, Anita, and all the others who I know read this all the time. Just leave me a comment back with 25 things. You may be surprised by what you find out about me, and maybe even by what you say about yourself. It's a fun exercise.

1. I absolutely love the color teal, in any form or fashion.
2. As per above, also have a ridiculous fascination with blue doors on houses/shacks/gates/etc. Whenever I see one I particularly like, I take a picture. Who knows what I’ll eventually do with the photo collection.
3. I think naps are the biggest luxury in the entire world, and become really hostile (can’t help it!) when someone wakes me up from one.
4. I have always been torn between going to A&M and NYU. I honestly think about this every single day.
5. On the same note, I am beyond grateful for the education NYU has given me, and the experiences and friends I have made in New York. As do most NYU students, I have a love/hate relationship with the school, and always miss it/love it when I’m not there.
6. I’m much more of “let’s stay home, eat pizza, and watch a movie” type person than a “let’s go out person”.
7. Fettuccini Alfredo with chicken is my favorite food. I am not ashamed to say the hands down best fettuccini alfredo in the ENTIRE world is found at Fazoli’s Drive Thru (along with the best bread sticks in the entire world).
8. I hate taking baths. I much prefer showering.
9. I try not to sweat the small stuff and not to worry. I know people who spend their whole lives worrying about (what I think are) insignificant things, and it’s a waste of time and energy. I’m a very “go with the flow” kind of person.
10. I had the absolute best dad in the entire world, and wish he could’ve seen me grow into adulthood—we would’ve had some fun together during those late teenage years.
11. Likewise, I have the best family in the entire world. My mom, sister and I are so close, and I don’t like going a day without hearing from them. My mom is the most selfless, loving, kind soul in the history of man, and is someone who truly deserves all the happiness in the world.
12. I’m not particularly a HUGE animal person, and have often found our various dogs more annoying than anything else. That’s not to say I don’t like dogs. In fact, I much prefer them to cats. I do have a soft spot in my heart for our dog, Dakota, and Eric’s dog, Sammy, though.
13. I love my car and miss driving whenever I’m in NY or away from home.
14. I have a strange fascination with the postal system and the post office in general. Eric can attest to this, much to his frustration. Additionally, receiving letters in the mail is one of my greatest joys. It shows you took time and is one of the greatest ways to show you care about me. I also love writing and sending handwritten letters.
15. I LOVE all things wedding related. I will look at strangers’ wedding albums and websites for hours. I love a good love story, especially when they happen in real life. I have also told my best friends that they have to get married if for no other reason so that I can be in their wedding party. I have almost no clue what I would want my own wedding to be like (as far as the details go), but have had multiple hour-long conversations with my roommates entertaining every possibility.
16. Similarly, the most important and treasured goal I have set for myself is that I can one day be a good wife and a good mother. I would love work in TV Production one day, but that is not my ultimate aspiration. I’m much more maternal than I think most people realize.
17. My best friends and Eric are some of the most incredible, crazy people I have ever met. Not like “Woo! Let’s get drunk!!” crazy, but like “I enjoy fewer things more than can’t believe how much fun I have with these people when we’re just sitting on the couch watching Will and Grace, eating cookie dough” kind of crazy.
18. I recently went brunette, and think I still prefer myself as a blonde.
19. My favorite book is Catcher in the Rye. Sounds cliché, but this book has had a tremendous impact on my life, and is a fiber of my being for many different reasons.
20. I love music, but don’t listen to it nearly as much as I wish I did. I know people who have soundtracks to their whole lives, and live and breathe music. I wish I was that person, but I usually find one good band and listen to its entire album(s) on repeat for months. My all-time favorite artist is Kate Nash.
21. The final scene in Across the Universe, when “All You Need is Love” is playing, is by far the most perfect scene in any movie ever.
22. Here in Ghana, and in NY, I miss many foods from home, though most of them are restaurants. They include but are not limited to: Willie’s chips and queso, Del Pueblo, Freebirds, Fazolis, Olive Garden (don’t judge me), Mi Cocina, and more. I also miss my mom’s and my Nana’s cooking.
23. I think a life without fulfillment (in whatever form) is pointless. I always need to be doing something, going somewhere, exploring something new, discovering myself, helping others. I get incredibly frustrated with people who waste away their precious time staying stagnant, never evolving or improving or learning.
24. I wear the same two rings religiously. I never, ever take them off. In fact, I dare you to look through my pictures and find one within the last three years where I’m not wearing both rings.
25. I am proud of who I am and what I’ve accomplished in the last 19 years.

4 comments:

Isha said...

Okay EJ,

You know I am tragically and profoundly unhip..."alas my "26th thing/" In that vein, I accidently posted my "25 things" under the comments section of your "Good Website" post.

It was a good exercise. I'll be interested to see if anyone else posts. I really enjoyed yours and I did learn some things about you (passion for blue doors and post offices).

Stay healthy and safe.. Love you,love you, love you! Ish

Momma said...

Honey,
My 25 Things are coming! I love, love this idea. Want to have a little time to put them into words and am about to head to work. I loved yours and I thank you for sharing them. Thank you also for what you wrote about me (blush). I love you so, so, so, Momma

Anonymous said...

Wow Elizabeth, in that 25 I learned more about you than ever. The one about your Dad and family brought tears to my eyes. You hit the nail on the head girly. Your Momma is one of the kindest souls I have ever met and remember that your Daddy is always with you, always. I am so proud of you. I do forgive the NYU over A&M Choice, ha! I've still got SSS! I saw Eric or as Uncle Joe puts it "That Hurt boy" at Pappadeaux about two weeks ago. He looks good and said that things are well. Teal is Uncle Joe's favorite color too! That's scary. Things are going good and I check in on you via your blog. I hope you are safe and having the time of your life. I love your hair either way. A girl has to experiment. Just be thankful it's not 1/2 gray like mine. Now if it was like Nana's it'd be awesome. Take care of yourself and we hope to see you soon. Much Love, Aunt Jeri and Uncle Joe xoxoxoxoxo

nana said...

Twenty five things-Where to start.1.I love all hot colors-turquoise,hot pink,purple bright green,red.2.Love to cook.3.Love to travel(back in the day).4.Met and married the love of my life-my darling Dockie.5.Always wanted 6 children.6.Wanted to be a graet mother.7. Wanted to be the same kind of grandmother as my wonderful Mama Taylor.8.Wanted to be an actress in the theater.9.Wanted to work with children.10.Wanted to leave my"mark" on the world and I have with my children and grandchildren.11.Favorite food -fresh vegetables.12.Favorite song-Claire de Lune.13.Favorite book-The Wind in the Willows.14.Love animals especially Harry,Kodiak, Chaucer and Miss Kitty.15. Love fast cars.16.In high school, was the "go to person" to think up something fun and crazy to do.17.Have a passion for reading.18.Blessed with wonderful parents.19.Learned how to "man up" from my father who had no sons.20.Favorite place Paradise at the lake rather be there than any place on earth.21.Love to learn new things.22.Have loyal and true friends who have blessed my life.23.Have great pride in and great love for my family-simply the best in the universe.24.Love to dance(back in the day).25. All my dreams came true.This is only the tip of my iceberg.Must keep some things to myself. Hugs and kisses. I love you. Nana