Sunday, February 22, 2009

"this is NOT disneyland"

i'm back from togo!!!

IT WAS INCREDIBLE. i'm working on a blog right now with all the details, but essentially, it was a GREAT 36 hours with 5 girls. so many memories :)


the title of this blog was a quote from gillian while we were hiking through mountainous forests in kpalime. we're literally walking through african forests and jungles, and gillian was like, "this is real life, this is not a disneyland "jungle" ride, this is real." it was just a really good way to put it, the magnitude and amazing-ness (not a word) of it all.


in the mean time, i'll leave you with a picture from the trip, taken at the base of the waterfall, at the base of the mountain, which was a 1 km hike down and 1 km back UP. whew!



love love love

2 comments:

Momma said...

Thank you for this preview of what your trip brought to you and for the stunning photo of you in front of the foot of the waterfall. I loved our time together Skypeing - you look so good and happy. Please drink lots and lots of water - I know I don't have to tell you to do that, but it makes me feel better to say it. Good night, honey and have a lovely Monday. I love you, Momma

Isha said...

Good morning Sweetpea. Congratulations on successfully making it up that mountain, and looking so darn marvelous to boot! The waterfall is beautiful, but you in front of it is even more so. I heard fromm Nana (who heard from your Mom) that you ladies had a gig battle with some skitters. I hope you were all well-soaked with bug repellant. I can't wait to read about the "amazing-ness" of your trip and all the wonders you experienced. It sounds awesome! Have a fabulous Monday EJ. Sending love your way. Ish

P.S. I know you think the word "awesome" is over-used, but I'm using it above in "The Grand Canyon is an awesome sight to behold" context. It seems to me it may apply to the magnificience of the mountains, forests, and juggles who traversed. :)