Thursday, February 12, 2009

thursday 2/12/09

So I’m keeping this one short (don’t I always say that?). No but really, I’m tired and don’t have a ton to say or ramble about.

Today was very productive! First I had my African Popular Music class, which was interesting as always, but is kind of frustrating because my teacher is VERY scatter-brained and jumps from topic to topic or style of music to style of music. And, since we’re covering the entire CONTINENT of Africa, which has over 30 countries, it’s difficult to retain types of music or fads or instruments, even when broken down into countries or regions. But, it’s a good class. Afterwards, Gillian and I were on a hunt to find postcards to send to our boyfriends’ parents. We biked to the post office (such a HARD but physically rewarding bike ride, once it’s over) and found post cards at a store right next to it. I got to mail a few letters home, so be looking within the next 2 weeks. After, we went to the supermarket and bought some groceries and fruit and such. We also went by this Italian restaurant called Mamma Mia!, which apparently has really good pizza. We didn’t eat, but we did make reservations for Saturday night for a few of us girls to celebrate Valentine’s Day together! It’s a shame none of us will be with our boyfriends, so we decided to just throw each other a dinner in celebration. Also, Gillian and I ordered a cake for the occasion. What the heck, we’re going all out on this one! The rest of the day I spent resting and napping and reading (I’m on my third book since being here!). I really enjoy all the free time I have. I’ve rekindled my enjoyment of reading, and find myself looking forward to reading my book. I only have 2 left, but a lot of girls in the house brought books, so we’re doing kind of a book exchange thing.

Anyway, tomorrow I don’t have anything to do, so a few of us girls are going to the pool or the beach. I think on Saturday Marykate and I are getting pedicures to spoil ourselves some more—can’t wait!

Miss everyone and love you all a lot!

love love love

2 comments:

Momma said...

After a very busy week - you have a day and weekend of relaxation - enjoy the slower pace honey and hsppy pre-Valentine! I am sending you tons of love today and every day (mor in email)! I love you Peanut! Momma

Isha said...

Hello darling EJ,

My goodness you do accomplish alot each day. The bike ride sounds like a real killer, but I bet you feel so good mentally and emotionally afterwards, that it is worth the doing. Especially since you are rewarded for your efforts by arriving at the post office! Its very sweet how you ladies are taking care of each other. Nothing better than pizza, cake, and girl friends when you are away from your honey boys! I know the other ladies will appreciate yours and MK's thoughtfulness. I am so amazed that you can create time in your busy schedule for so much leisure reading. Very impressive considering you also have to do the reading and studying for classes and your internship. Sometime you will need to share your time management secrets with me. Have a wonderfully relaxing Friday. Miss you tons and love you more. Isha